The spring season isn’t officially upon us, but temperatures are warming up and we’ve seen more sunny days than snowy ones. The good news is that your lawn may not have to recover from being blanketed in mounds of ice and snow this season (if we’re lucky), but other elements also have an impact. Your mulch beds do need to be protected from the incoming heat. The spring cleanup process is essential if you want your landscaping to thrive in the season ahead.
Follow These Spring Cleanup Tips for Success
- Remove fallen trees/limbs
- Clear debris from mulch beds and tree rings
- Remove any debris that may have blown into the yard
- plastic, mail, newspaper, garbage, etc.
- Remove any existing weeds or excessive mulch from last season
- Apply a pre-emergent crabgrass/weed control to mulch beds
- Sod and seed installation
- Cut back ornamental grasses, perennials and roses
- Grind the stumps of fallen trees to allow for settlement
- Rake wet areas to allow for circulation
- Apply a fresh layer of mulch/topsoil throughout beds and along edges.
No Time for Spring Cleanup? JFC Landscaping Can Help!
No matter how small your landscaping task is, our expert staff would be happy to help you get the job done. Our landscaping services include spring cleanup, landscaping design and installation, shrub and tree installation, pavers design and installation, stone gardens, waterfall features, sod and seed installation, retaining walls, mulch and topsoil delivery, walkway design and installation.
If you’re ready to welcome your best spring landscaping yet, give us a call at 410.655.2887 or email email@example.com.