Mulch is something that many homeowners and business owners know that they should apply every year, but many don’t understand exactly why it’s so important. Why is mulch such an important part of a polished landscape that is healthy and that makes a great first impression?
The Benefits of Mulching at Your Home or Business
- Curb Appeal: Mulch adds beautiful color and a polished look to your garden beds and home in an instant. You can even experiment with colored mulches to accent the colors you use throughout your landscaping, in your garden or on your siding.
- Enrich Your Soil: Mulch is a great way to improve the soil in your yard, and mulch that contains organic materials will enrich soil as it degrades. The microbes that are already present in your soil will break down the mulch over time and improve its quality.
- Lock In Moisture: Maryland can be very hot in the summer, and the best way to lock in moisture so that your plants thrive in spite of the heat is with mulch. It will slow the evaporation of moisture.
- Guard Against Temperature Changes: Mulch helps to insulate the plants, which can help if there is a sudden cold spell or extra hot day. Mulch is very important for newer plants that are not as established and that need the extra help.
- Stop Weed Growth: Weeds are unsightly and can quickly take over your yard, even if you do a good job maintaining it. Adding a 2-inch layer of mulch into your garden beds can stop weeds from sprouting and invading your landscape.
Landscaping and Maintenance from JFC Grounds Maintenance
Ready to take better care of your lawn and landscape? Need some help making your spring cleanup less stressful but want the benefits of a clean, tidy landscape? Give JFC Grounds Maintenance a call at (410) 655-2887.