For the first time since 1992, Baltimore County is reinstating the residential bulk trash pick-up program again. This program allows homeowners and property managers to have easy access to bulk pick-up without needing to worry about disposing of everything themselves.
What You Need to Know About Bulk Trash Pick-Up
- Townhomes and single-family homes are eligible for two complimentary pre-scheduled bulk trash pick-ups. Landlords or property management companies in charge of these properties can take advantage of these opportunities.
- Each free pick-up can include three bulky items.
- Instructions will be mailed to every eligible home in Baltimore County, and you can look up the dates online now.
The goal of this program is to reduce the rate of illegal dumping and help consolidate the process of bulk pick-up. It’s a tremendous opportunity for both homeowners and property managers.
Are There Any Restrictions?
Yes, there are some restrictions in order to make sure that the people collecting items stay safe. You can place appliances, furniture, electronics, household items, and building materials out for pick-up. If you are going to place a metal shed, carpeting, or lawnmower outside, you need to prepare it in accordance with county instructions to make sure it can be quickly and easily removed.
Items that you cannot place out for bulk pick-up include:
- Fuel drums and oil tanks
- Pool tables
- Cast iron furnaces
- Concrete sinks
- Compressed gas tanks
- Mirrors or plate glass
- Logs or stumps
- Items filled with liquid
- Large items that are not disassembled
- Municipal solid waste
- Items over 8 feet in length
Snow Removal and Winter Grounds Maintenance from JFC Grounds Maintenance
Ready to take better care of your lawn or commercial landscape? Are you interested in adding native plants to your property? Give JFC Grounds Maintenance a call at (410) 655-2887.